Nova v Praze (new in Praha:-)

Friday, May 13

COUNTING DAYS TO THE BIG DAY

Guys, i wanna ask you few things:

1. how do you feel about getting married? opinions may vary
though, but i believe the majority will say that's one of the
most important moment of life, takes lots and lots thoughts
2. how do you feel about getting married abroad? you may
think it depends on the location right? but majority might be
concerned with the issue of local culture and resources
3. how do you feel about deciding to marry a foreigner&moving
to other country?for this, i will leave to multiply friends to answer:-)

I dont know your case guys, but my case was that I jumped right
into no.3 and experienced Prague at first and then straight to no.2
andfinally to no.1. strange? hmm... a bit..

I wanna share something to you. I would have never thought that someday I have to move from my country and marry a foreigner . I love my country and quite satisfied with that. However, when things got serious in campus life in Australia between me and this Czech, it became worthy to consider it.
When we both came home, as we forgot to anticipate, our parents were quite shocked, coz both have their own prejudices and views of foreigners. And I realized, o my goodness, he is a BULE!!! of course when we were in ozzie i didnt really realize the contrast coz it's quite multicultural nation.
But we worked on it and our parents worked on it too.
Im glad that my parents tried to understand and trust him. even to love him, also vice versa.

(break....let me drink coffee first:-))

Then, after view visits to each other's country, we both thought: hmmm.. it's not good to be separate. a healthy relationship requires presence and commitment. Things were considered and by the end I ought to come to Prague to experience and get a grip here.
Adapting to Czechs is not an easy task as they are quite different from other white people.
I also experienced some uneasiness due to my skin color and language in this european-minded and non-english speaking community.
Maybe the history and the culture made them but I would never give up on them. coz no matter what, my fiance is a Czech, a nice and charming Czech indeed, so there must be some nice and warm Czech too. (THIS IS ISSUE NO. 3:-))

Gradually I manage to befriend with as many as Czech I could and surprise surprise... now I have some good friends, really good friends like in Indo to whom I can be myself and share everything.
I believe in proactive actions:
if you never try, you'll never know, if you never give, you'll never receive.this philosophy
I hanged out with them, They shared things and sincerely supported and helped me in hard times. that's why it made us comfortable to try no,. 2: have a wedding here..

(sipping more coffee and munching my tiramisu....)

Getting married in office or official place like church is also a hassle coz as you all know that we need to prepare lots of paper and lots of money (either legal or illegal one:-)). Ffuih!! I have done it. but... wait a minute.... what about the visa? oh no, i had to have the new one as it expired before the real wedding day.
Thanks again to some Czechs who helped and advised us to how to process a new one. My embassy could not do anything coz it's Czech foreign affairs policy.
ffuihhh.... I could breath again..
but then what about the wedding itself? I always wanted a garden party if I got married.
But where? coz it's expensive to have it here, even the wedding party itself is expensive.
Again, my Czech friends helped and some even gave their garden for free for us and not only had they given the place, but also promised to help the preparation and cook.
They are even more excited than me , I supposed. hehehe.
Getting married abroad without your family support is quite daunting as you have to prepare things without their helps and opinions. when you want to make it perfect, you need at least some people who "speak your language" right? who understand your dream and ideas.

I m so touched when these Czech friends even take day off/leave on day before the wedding to help us in shopping and things related to wedding. Having friends who are willing to come to your wedding is already a nice thing. but to have friends who are willing to sacrifice one day of their leave rights is too much for me,.. they are so nice..and surprise surprise.. they are foreigners.. bule!! i told my parents about it and they are glad that even bule want to help me. so there is no more issues of nationality, what is left is : either they are your good friends or not.
that's why im confident to have no. 2 solved in Prague. What makes me even happier is that my family can come (hopefully) to attend the wedding and meet my beloved friends.

But guys, not only that! my friend from Oxford Uni in UK, one from Holland, one from Germany will come too... it's too good to be true. OK, maybe you will say: so what? if they have money, they can come.
Not really guys, even if you have money sometimes you dont have time or leave right to come to a friend's wedding.
Even if you have leave right to come, not many of you want to sacrifice and take one for coming to a friend's wedding. so it's still a honour to me that they want to come.

(finishing my tiramisu and ... hey!!! my coffee is gone, grrrrrr....who drank it!!!!!!!)

Anyway, then no.1 comes. I might not experience convinience as in Indonesia in terms of life, food, job, money, etc..) but definitely Im not longer worried too much of starting new life in Czech Republic. Coz I have my best friend here (my future husband:-)) and other good friends. it's enough for a start. I will let you know soon if I encounter more troubles:-).

p.s.: so if you tell me Czechs or white people are individualistic, I dont buy it. I have some proof that there are also some "human" Czech as well as Australian and there are also some "evil" Indonesian.

GUYS, WOULD YOU ALSO SHARE WITH ME YOUR DAILY LIVES WITH YOUR LOCAL FOREIGNERS AND YOUR WEDDING PREPARATIONS, SO I CAN LEARN FROM YOU ALL? THANKS FOR READING:-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home