Nova v Praze (new in Praha:-)

Thursday, June 23

quickly spread, spread quickly

It's summer time! I already anticipate the heat since almost month ago, days were quite hot sometimes then got chilled and windy again. But definitely, now it's summer. People seem to like it. A summer fashion is created: minimal dress, maximal sunbathing. But I can't stand it. Please no frown...Im serious, Im deadly hot! Although Im from tropical land, this dry and strikingly hot climate is killing me slowly...Especially in our flat. Since we live a bit near to the sky:-) you bet the sun is friendlier to us and not hesitated to come by our windows all the time. Not that we are not in enmity but moderation is always the best.In winter, our flat is warmer than others' houses, and in summer, reality also reveals the relevance. It's hot enough baby to bake something, err... everything!! You can imagine what would dominate our waste produce; drinking bottle s or boxes.

Mentioning produce, summer creates other fashion namely reluctance. Such reluctance that cause people not being friendly, not giving in to other drivers on street, not queuing, not giving seat to others on public transport. My contributions include reluctant to go down to drop my rubbish into the common bin at the ground floor, reluctant to enjoy the sunshine and preferred to walk fast and hide in the shadow. These habits surprisingly spread and become fashion. Alrighty, it was only people around me. Alrighty then, until I start it as followings.

Firstly, my flat's neighbours have followed my bad attitude by resting the waste bag outside the door overnight before throwing them away. You can imagine the smell and potential disease coming out of those waste!!!

Secondly, when I disobey the traffic light for pedestrians, people suddenly also cross the road feeling justified by my misbehave hehehe...

Thirdly, I was not comfortable when older people stand on public transport. Not only do they barely stay steadily and then bump into or step on me but also they squeeze and lean on me. And in summer it will involve lots of sweat, CO2, and NH3 (psst... i mean those fragrance and bad air you know.....), so that's enough. I cheat on my manner and snap youngsters for not giving seat on older people. Sometimes they are shocked coz they dont really know what I mean but sometimes they are ashamed but dont know what to say coz Im foreigner. Usually, after that, many people suddenly have manner and some give seat to older or weak people. Fashion spread.

Forth, romantism increases significantly coz people are happier (please exclude me:-)) and in the mood of hugging and kissing and touching their lovers in public places or transport. When they both wear minimal outfits of course we can see almost all activities involving body exploring. Some people put efforts not to look on vulgar couple, moms will try to hide it from their kids, olders will indignantly look on them, while other like me? will look eagerly, hehehe... OK, you may think that I should behave but what about those who overly make out in public? So I stare at them and sometimes hope for seeing new techniques. Those couples usually not happy of my staring at them but I am reluctant to see or move to other directions coz the metro/tram is packed and we are destined to facing each other hihi...
And after a while, suddenly many people also boldly look at them and enjoy the view because of a pervert like me:-).

Naughty, naughty me! But it's not my fault! It's because of summer! (Yeah, sure:-)). I am reluctant to actively move my body and eyes somewhere else out of their views:-(. Bad things quickly spread, spread quickly indeed.

3 Comments:

  • Summer..thought it would be months worth waiting...not apparently so...some are fine,and most days are prefered to be spent just laz around exploring every corner of your flat..the heat are unbearable, you bet!..people are frowing and expecting you'd say" hurrrrraaaa....tropical weather", when you'l let them disapointed by your complains...
    but never let the sunshine spoils all your plans!!..go crawling the sandstone!, steer the handlebars down the hills!..sweat the back with your loaded rucksack....
    some dreams can't really come true..but indeed some are...

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 31 July, 2005 23:15  

  • I like your optimism:-). The erratic temperature that I cant bear:-). I have had strong sunny days and bleak and cold summmer days.
    In Belgium, it's even worse!!! freezing wind and soaked days... yeap!! raining all day.

    Hey what sandstone you are talking about? please share it with me please please please:-).....

    By Blogger imelda, at 09 August, 2005 11:55  

  • sandstone rocks!!!...they are scattered all around the republic..
    At times you can't have all you want, you've got only what you have...takže musime byt optimistický!
    This weekend kami ada triathlon...cuman aku gak ikut,liat aja...neumím plavat!..škoda!..
    bener, kalo kamu tertarik dengan kegiatan outdoor kita, ayo kapan kapan kita set up (kaya' komputer aja) kegiatan "girls' outdoor activities"..:-))..to znamena yang ringan ringan aja...hehe..coba kamu buka www.humanita.n.cz, itu site dimana pavel jadi member..setiap weekend pasti adaaaaaaaaaa aja kegiatan...entah itu climbing, hiking, trekking, bicycling, swimming...just name it...
    oh ya, have fine time with families! aku denger mereka mau dateng..

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10 August, 2005 17:23  

Post a Comment

<< Home