Nova v Praze (new in Praha:-)

Thursday, August 25

The advertisement

'I need to store 2 bags for 3 weeks while I travel. In one of the bags is a gift to my mom, and I will be unable to bring them with me. I don't have too many friends in the city and I really need a place to store these bags. There's absolutely nothing illegal in the bags, i just need a safe place for them. I am offering 5000 czk (2000 czk up front) and 3000 when I get my bags back in return for three weeks of storage. Phone calls or e-mail accepted. This is an insane deal for anyone who needs some extra cash. Please call XX at 123456'.

How do you feel reading this advertisement? I bet your heart is torn between disbelief and anxious thrill. Is it true that someone can just easily reward you 5000k for having their valuables safeguarded? for your note, 5000k is about half month salary of minimum salary here.

So you are playing with your mind. It is definitely easy money, hot offer, really really hot, and it might easily be gone in seconds... But... isnt it too good to be true?

Will someone offer you that amount only for doing such easy job?
Maybe it is a dodgy stuff. And for the next five minutes you will create various plots of what is behind this tremendeously crazy offer.
Will it be something related with mafia things?
Or he just want to save some precious and sacred things belong to the righteous party?
Will someone break into your house in the miidle of the night to get this thing?
Maybe they will also take my stuffs and threaten us not to speak or even kidnap us... and in the next morning, we will be in the headlines of local news and.....

You know what? SO many things fit!!! Then I did simple thing... I called the guy! Nervously I waited the guy to pick the phone and fearfully fantasized that my number will be recorded by some mysterious people out there and maybe.....

XX: " Hello?"
Me: " Hi, hmm,.hi.. I hmm.. read about your advertisement.."
XX: " Which advertisement?"
Me: " Oh.. you dont remember? hmm.. oh never mind (embarassed)..."
XX: " about what? oh... OK.. bye"
Me: " uh.. wait.. hmm.. sorry... about the storage thing, do you.. hmmm.. still need someone to do the service for you????"
waiting for few seconds...no sound..im about to sweat and hang up..
XX: " uh.. sorry? what was that?? oh that ad.. OH.. THAT AD???
Im almost fainted coz he was suddenly interested and vigorously raising his tone..
XX: " You know what? it was a prank. My friend made a joke on me.. yesterday, I got thousands of calls like that. I should kill my friend... he is crazy... sorry for that bad joke."
Me: "Oh.. OHHHHHH... O.K. I see.. ahh.. never mind, sorry, bye."

So the morale is ........... so what is the morale:-)?

5 Comments:

  • he3, the moral of the story is: DONT respond to a weird add! its a joke. ahoj!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 31 August, 2005 15:11  

  • Hi Imel, hihih, I guess too good to be thruth :o).
    How are you?

    By Blogger Mart'a, at 12 September, 2005 06:57  

  • This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    By Blogger imelda, at 14 September, 2005 07:58  

  • Martino, Im fine. The badminton is not the same without you:-(. But I will be checking your website often to see how you are:-). Take care girl.

    By Blogger imelda, at 14 September, 2005 07:59  

  • oh .. ke prancis yach mel ... asyik dong! crita2 dunk. eh, udah mampir ke blog totalwellness lom? mampir yach. siapa tau pengen nyoba, he3. bagus tuh buat pasangang muda!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 29 September, 2005 14:41  

Post a Comment

<< Home